Should You Use A Buyer's Agent?
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH A REALTOR
As a Buyer, establishing a loyal relationship with a Realtor to represent your interests is a win-win situation. Knowing you will purchase through them, your Realtor will work hard to find you a suitable home, advise you of new listings the minute they show up on the market, keep you in mind when previewing new listings from other agents, and give you advance notice of hot new lisitngs from their office inventory. If there are no current MLS listings that meet your needs, your Realtor should seek out unlisted properties that may work for you by soliciting listings in buildings or neighbourhoods that interest you. None of these advantages are available to Buyers looking for property on the public internet sites or wandering from open house to open house hoping to find a match.
You will be dealing with sellers and their agents, so you want to make sure you have someone who will represent and promote your interests. My expert knowledge of local neighbourhoods, future development plans, taxes, zoning, transportation, schools and community services will help you select the property that meets your needs. I will also advise you on financing options and recommend other professionals needed to complete the sale.
AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE, I WILL:
- Help you understand agency relationships.
- Help you determine the type of property you need and can afford.
- Help you find available properties and make appointments to view them.
- Advise you about market conditions and provide information about the community.
- Explain the forms used in a real estate transaction and help you prepare an offer to purchase.
- Prepare a Buyer’s comparative market analysis (CMA) on the property to determine its fair market value
- Present your offer to the seller and negotiate on YOUR behalf.
- Recommend other professionals, such as a certified home inspector or lawyer/notary.
- Be there from start to finish to ensure a smooth and satisfying transaction.